Löbau (about 30km away), like Zittau it belonged to the "Association of the Six Cities". The small town is situated at the foot of the Mt Löbau . 1854 the master baker Friedrich August Bretschneider had an iron tower erected. Today, this building is a magnet for visitors. Another architectural feature is the Schminke House, an early 1930s villa which was designed by the architect Hans Scharoun for the manufacturer couple Schminke.